The Social Media Drinking Game
The weekend’s almost here, and for the U.S. it’s the Fourth of July weekend.
So, in honour of that and to help your weekend get off to a flier let me introduce the Social Media Drinking Game. It’s ideal for long drunken sessions or short thirst quenchers – or even both at once.
And if you’re not celebrating Independence Day this weekend – join in the fun anyway!
The rules are simple – just follow the instructions below. And remember to leave the car keys at home!
- If Ari Herzog changes his mind on his Twitter use, take a shot of tequila. Potential for drunkenness!
- If you hear the phrase “echo chamber”, have a full glass of beer. You may hear this a lot and being drunk and comatose will help you get by.
- If you’re dissed by Amanda Chapel… actually, you get nothing. This isn’t a challenge at all.
- Every time Mashable does a Twitter story, have a shot of chilled vodka. Be prepared to get very drunk.
- If Brian Solis writes a blog post less than 1,000 words, have some champagne. This deserves a special drink.
- For every Twitter profile that has “guru”, “ninja”, “jedi”, “expert” or “master” in it, have a Jack Daniel’s and coke. The soft drink might just keep you going longer.
- If someone is speaking at the equivalent of a conference a month on the same topic to the same audience, have a single malt Scotch.
Okay, these are just some to get you started. What others would you add to the cocktail?
Note – this is just a bit of fun to lead into the weekend; don’t take it too seriously. The majority of people on here I respect immensely. Happy Fourth of July!