The weekend’s almost here, and for the U.S. it’s the Fourth of July weekend.
So, in honour of that and to help your weekend get off to a flier let me introduce the Social Media Drinking Game. It’s ideal for long drunken sessions or short thirst quenchers – or even both at once.
And if you’re not celebrating Independence Day this weekend – join in the fun anyway!
The rules are simple – just follow the instructions below. And remember to leave the car keys at home!
- If Ari Herzog changes his mind on his Twitter use, take a shot of tequila. Potential for drunkenness!
- If you hear the phrase “echo chamber”, have a full glass of beer. You may hear this a lot and being drunk and comatose will help you get by.
- If you’re dissed by Amanda Chapel… actually, you get nothing. This isn’t a challenge at all.
- Every time Mashable does a Twitter story, have a shot of chilled vodka. Be prepared to get very drunk.
- If Brian Solis writes a blog post less than 1,000 words, have some champagne. This deserves a special drink.
- For every Twitter profile that has “guru”, “ninja”, “jedi”, “expert” or “master” in it, have a Jack Daniel’s and coke. The soft drink might just keep you going longer.
- If someone is speaking at the equivalent of a conference a month on the same topic to the same audience, have a single malt Scotch.
Okay, these are just some to get you started. What others would you add to the cocktail?
Note – this is just a bit of fun to lead into the weekend; don’t take it too seriously. The majority of people on here I respect immensely. Happy Fourth of July!