Recently I wrote why I was moving my #followfriday recommendations from Twitter to this blog. So, without further ado, here are my recommendations for this week.
I hope you check them out – they’re all worth getting to know.
- Community. Khayyam Wakil (@iamkhayyam). Khayyam is an outstanding person and one that just keeps on giving. He’s one of these Twitter users that shares so much and never asks for anything in return. And away from Twitter he’s a pretty fine comedian as well – what’s not to like?
- Ladies of Twitter. Mickey Gomez (@mickeygomez). One of the biggest hearts around, Mickey encapsulates everything that is right not just on Twitter, but the world. She offers unconditional support if you need it and anyone that plays a mean guitar like she does and is a fan of Joss Whedon is a-ok by me!
- Gentlemen of Twitter. Matt Leonard (@mjleonard). To me, Matt is the epitomone of the phrase “gentle giant”. Who knows, maybe he’s only 5-foot but he looks like a big guy! This man is all heart – he’s an Internet marketer that doesn’t push, he wants to offer everyone a way to share their voice, and to Matt, family is everything. ‘Nuff said.
- Non-Profits. Gabe O’Neill (@kidsareheroes). Simply put, Gabe inspires. We talk about heroes like our favourite sportsman, or actor, or musician. Gabe, on the other hand, makes every single child a hero. He shares their inspiring stories, encourages them to change the wold, and is a downright humble and awesome guy. Gabe, you rock man!
- Marketing. Brian Carter (@briancarter). If you don’t already know Brian, you’re in for a treat. Not only is he an incredibly smart marketer who’s just launched TweetROI, he’s also an inanely funny comedian-type who thinks way outside any box. Check Google for his alter-ego Larry Possum to see the madness.
- Public Relations. Heather Whaling (@PRtini). Heather is one of these people that sneak up on you and you realize you’ve been constantly learning from her without even knowing. She’s an incredibly smart PR gal that runs a great personal blog, and also one of the most engagingly chatty people I know.
- Social Media. Brett Borders (@BrettBorders). Brett may not be as well known as people like Chris Brogan or Jason Falls, but his social media smarts are excellent. He runs the always entertaining Social Media Rockstar blog, and anyone that can be both a reformed hippie as well as lover of ambient music has definitely got my interest.
- The “Everyone Should Know” Wildcard Entry. Avatar Koo (@avatarkoo). What can I say about Avatar Koo? Umm… she’s unorthodox; incredibly funny; entertaining; writes erotic romance stories; and for one hour in June, took 12for12k into the naughty side of life. Don’t take my word for it – go check her out now!
Cheers, guys, for being who you are every day of the week.