Last week I introduced you to Friday Five and how I was looking to offer a diversion into the weekend. So, without further ado, here are five random offerings for you. Cheers guys, have a great weekend!
- Blogger Corner. One of the blogs that has been springing up on my radar recently is that of Jackie Adkins. In the words of Jackie himself, it’s “a street corner where you can… talk about marketing, the business world, social media and life in general.” Jackie’s not afraid to call out BS when he sees it either, and for that (as well as his easy style) he gets my vote.
- Screen-o-Rama. Okay, so I’m not a teenage girl. And I’m not a huge romance fan, either. But, I will admit to being sucker-punched by the Twilight saga. This weekend sees the second movie in the series, New Moon, hit the screens. I’ll be there, if only to cringe at how I’m probably twice the age of the rest of the audience. You going too?
- Making the News. There’s an old edict that journalists are meant to break news, not make it. This week, that came to the fore as a storm erupted around Kurt Greenbaum and his actions regarding a comment troll. A reminder that if you’re in the public view, in any form, you’re putting yourself in the front line when it comes to how you present yourself and the actions you take.
- Wine-a-Licious. Although I’m not up to the expertise of the lovely Rachel Kay, I do enjoy a good wine over the weekend, and one I found recently was Allegrini (2004) Palazza della Torre. If you’re looking for something to ease you through a Saturday night, and not have a hangover in the morning because you drank the second one as well, this is it.
- Video Manana. I love ice hockey (and yes, I call it ice hockey because I’m from the UK where hockey is played on grass, with no pads, and girls battering your shins with their sticks). I love the skill, the speed, and most of all the hits. I’m just guessing this player won’t want to remember this hit in a hurry…