As we approach the end of the year, I thought it might be fun to share Ten for 10 in 2010 – a list of people, blogs, apps, platforms and more that I think you might enjoy checking out in 2010.
This time around, I look back at my ten personal favourite blog posts here on this very blog. The reasons are numerous, and some were wider read than others, but these are the ones that I enjoy revisiting the most.
I hope you enjoy.
- Lessons from Pyromaniacs. Drawing inspiration from the Pyromania album by UK rock band Def Leppard, Lessons from Pyromaniacs looked at how being open to new ideas, and involving those around you, can truly take you to the next level.
- Personal Superheroes. I’m incredibly fortunate to know some truly amazing people. In March, two of these stepped up and went way beyond the plate and became Personal Superheroes to me. Here’s why.
- When Was the Last Time. Sometimes we become so involved with our online activities and connections that we can often miss what’s happening on our own doorsteps. When Was the Last Time reminds us there’s a bigger world out there.
- What a True Hero Looks Like. Hero is a word that is used way too often, in my book, and has lost its meaning because of it. What a True Hero Looks Like offered up Ashley Hegi as someone that deserves the title along with some inspired comments.
- The Little Boy That Could. Sometimes our fear of the new stops us from bypassing the old. Yet as the comments that followed The Little Boy That Could show, we can support each other and take these steps. Then the world truly is our oyster.
- Lessons in Social Media from Super Mario. Inspiration can come from the strangest places. With Lessons in Social Media from Super Mario, I look at why Brogan, Vaynerchuck, Solis and others may not be the real “names” in social media.
- Why It’s All About Community. If you chat with (or read) me on a regular basis, you’ll know that to me community is everything, both online and offline. Why It’s All About Community offers a mix of the two to show why.
- Shit is Still Shit No Matter How You Dress It. I think this one is here because it’s possibly the post where I came out from under the “Always Nice on Social Media” rock and spoke out. Check out Shit is Still Shit for yourself to see if you agree.
- Response to Barbara Talisman’s Misinformed 12for12k Post. Earlier this year, I came under a personal attack over the ethics of my 12for12k project. The support I received to my Response to Barbara Talisman’s Misinformed 12for12k Post left me touched, humbled and speechless, and something I can never say thank you for enough.
- The Powerful Effect of Simplicity. We all have bad days and weeks, and feel everyone and everything s against use. But as The Powerful Effect of Simplicity shows, there are people out there just waiting to make it right for us.
So there you have it – ten of my personal favourites that I’ve blogged about over the last 12 months. The reason they’re in the Ten for 10 in 2010 list is that some may be new reading for you as we enter the New Year. I’d love to know your take on them, or which posts you enjoyed this year – the comments are yours.
I hope you can join me tomorrow when I’ll be looking at ten ideas to make your blog your marketing tool in 2010. Cheers!