As the title of this post mentions, next week’s going to be a little different here. Instead of the normal posts, you’ll find 7 Days to Turn Your Blog Into a Social Media Hub.
The online world’s moving fast. Social media is on everyone’s lips, and questions about how it can impact you and/or your business are being asked every day. How do I use it; how do I measure it; what does it cost; where should I be?
The first three questions are ones that I look at regularly on here, and will continue to do so. The last question, however, is one that I’m being asked more and more.
While there are no simple answers, there is one overriding one – be where your home-base is and build outposts from there. And there’s no better home-base than a blog.
So, starting on Monday and continuing all week, I’ll be sharing some of the most effective ways for you to turn your blog into a social media hub. Some of the things I’ll be covering are:
- Why a blog is the ideal home-base.
- Why simple things like design can determine how successful a hub you have.
- How to integrate all your current social media outposts and those of your connections.
- The importance of percentages when allocating time to your blog and social media outposts.
- How to life-stream simply and effectively.
- Why WordPress is the best platform for a social media hub.
These are just some of the areas that will be up for discussion. As always, your input is welcome on each post, and be sure to let me know what examples you have that I don’t cover. And if there’s anything you’d like covered, leave your suggestions in the comments below and I’ll see if they can be fitted in.
I hope you can join me over the next seven days. I won’t promise to have all the answers, but I will hopefully give you a useful starting point for your own approach.