Today sees a very cool event called Help a PR Pro Out, or HAPPO. Initiated by Arik Hanson and Valerie Simon, its aim is simple – to connect PR jobseekers with agencies and businesses with PR positions available.
I’m honoured to be part of the “team” that’s bringing HAPPO to Toronto, along with PR guy supreme Dave Fleet, of Thornley Fallis. Below you’ll find some current job listings in the Toronto and GTA area – please retweet on Twitter (there’s a dedicated #happo and #happoTO hashtag), share on Facebook and anywhere else you can (especially if you’re in the Toronto and GTA area), and let’s help connect everyone together!
- Note: If you’re an agency or PR company, or have a PR position open at your business, I have details of some great people for you – please feel free to email me for more information, or leave your details in the comments below. Same if you’re a jobseeker – feel free to leave your details in the comments and let’s see if we can help.
Listings (so far):
- PR Event Intern (Toronto – Remote Stylist)
- Corporate Comms Consultant (Mississauga – Purolator))
- Comms Specialist (Toronto – Lang Michener LLP)
- Manager, Corporate Comms (Toronto, one-year contract – Toronto Public Library)
- PR Manager (Burlington, one-year contract – IKEA Canada)
- PR Co-Ordinator (Toronto – Hays)
- PR Rep (Toronto, one year-contract – Toyota Canada)
- PR Assistant (Toronto – Stivers)
- Media and Comms Co-Ordinator (Toronto – Cancer Care Ontario)
- Business Communications Associate (Toronto – Google Canada)
- Vice President, Consumer Comms (Toronto – Apex PR)
- Head of External Comms, Global Advisory (Toronto – KPMG)
- Senior Manager, Corporate and Public Affairs (Toronto – TD Bank)
- Communications Specialist (Toronto – Bombardier)
- Senior Corporate Comms Specialist (Mississauga – FedEx)
- Corporate Comms Manager (Brampton – DynaCare)
- Comms Manager – (Brampton – Loblaws)