Normally I’m not a big fan of infographics – at least ones that are poorly done, or resemble a NASCAR driving suit adorned with a million sponsor decals.
But this particular one piqued my interest, as it looks at something that’s fast (no pun intended) becoming a problem for businesses of all shapes and sizes, and that’s the rise of the fast economy mindset.
Created by: Online Graduate Programs
While social media isn’t necessarily for everyone, businesses still need to be aware of how their customers are perceiving them. Part of this comes from intelligence and understanding their major pain points.
As the graphic below shows, getting the chance to understand these pain points and do something about them is becoming harder and harder, especially on social channels.
The clear takeaways?
- Even if you’re not active on social, be cleverly silent.
- Make sure your site is mobile-optimized or, at the very least, mobile-friendly.
- If you’re a retailer, can you get strategic about placing SMS or QR codes around the store for special offers?
- Do you have an m-commerce site that you can use to be upfront about comparing products and prices on your own turf?
- If you haven’t audited your service offerings recently, time to do so now before you’re called out on it.
Now, it’d be foolish to say the customer is always right and that you should pander to their every need. Sometimes the customer is anything but right.
But at least being on top of what the customer is thinking – and how long they’ll give you to remedy that – will give you a little heads-up on preempting that fast economy ire.
And that’s got to be worth anyone’s time to take care of, no?