This is where I’m meant to share all the awesome stuff I’ve done so I sound super impressive, and give you a reason to feel you should read this blog, since clearly my achievements demand that.
Here’s the short version. I’m father to two amazing children who make me laugh, cry, hope, fear, anticipate, and cherish every single day. I’m husband to an awesome wife who supports me in more ways than she can ever know, and who I could never repay if I lived a thousand years.
While I blog about marketing and social media and where we’re heading, I also blog about what it means to us as humans. How we can tell better stories; be better businesses; and live better lives. After all, business comes and goes; but we only get one shot at being good people, in life and in business.
I hope you enjoy your time here. And if you want the typical boring About Me stuff, you’ll find it down below.
Boring Professional Stuff
Manager, Social Engagement and Insights at Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG), driving the development and execution of the social media annual and long range plan for OLG’s iGaming division.
Co-author of Influence Marketing: How to Create, Manage and Measure Brand Influencers in Social Media Marketing, described as “the book that will change the way we do business today”, and recognized as one of the Top 100 Business Books in America by Nielsen BookScan.
Author of The Parables of Business, offering business tips and advice through the art of storytelling. This collection of eleven stories helps business owners build not only their business and brand loyalty, but also employee loyalty and a mindset to do business the right way.
Author of Why Simple Works, a collection of short business tips and thoughts on why you may want to reconsider reinventing the wheel when it comes to your business and products.
Multiple award-winning marketer and blogger – my blog is recognized as the #1 marketing blog in the world by HubSpot; Social Media Examiner’s Top 10 Social Media Blog in 2011, 2013 and 2014; voted one of Canada’s Top 50 Marketing Blog; and won the Hive Award for Best Social Media Blog at the South by Southwest festival.
I’ve delivered results for some of the biggest organizations in technology, digital and consumer, including BlackBerry, British Telecom, Orange, Microsoft Canada, IBM, Ford Canada, FedEX, Scotiabank, Vodafone, Dell and LG Electronics.
I’ve spoken at TEDx, New Media Expo, Social Mix and numerous business conference and events, and am regularly quoted in publications and news media, including Marketing Magazine, Canadian Marketing Association, Toronto Star, CTV News, Globe and Mail, Fast Company and City News Toronto on the topics of influence, social business, data-driven business intelligence and digital marketing.
I live in Burlington, Ontario, with my awesome wife, very funny son, adorable little girl, and two very cute little Chinese Crested dogs.
Notable Mentions and Awards:
- Founder of the 12for12k charity initiative
– Founder of the For Bloggers By Bloggers blogger resource centre
– Co-author, Influence Marketing
– Author, The Parables of Business
– Author, The Little Book of Inspiration
– Recognized as #1 Marketing Blog in the World by HubSpot
– Speaker at TEDx Ottawa
- Speaker at Social Mix
– Featured in NetGen’s Commitment to Youth
– Featured in the AdAge Power 150 list
– Featured in Marketing in 2010 book
– Featured in Staggering Social Media Insights book
– Featured in Marketing Magazine
– Featured on City News Toronto
– Contributor to Canadian Marketing Association
– Young Entrepreneur Top 10 Marketing Blogs
– One of Canada’s Top 50 Marketing Blogs
– Top Marketing and Social Media Blog 2009
– The Hive Award for Best Social Media Blog
– The PR Reader’s Choice Award for Most Thought-Provoking Blog
– Featured in Cision’s Top 100 Social Media Blogs
– Featured on The Rise to the Top
– One of Cision’s Top 10 Most Influential Independent PR Bloggers on Twitter
– One of the Top 10 Social Media Blogs 2011, 2013 and 2014