Most of us are blessed with good health and loving family networks. Yet for countless others, this isn’t and never has been the case. From illness to poverty and despair, the less fortunate in the world deserve the help of those that can give.
These are the charities I support. To find out more and see how you can help, please visit the relevant site.
- Make Poverty History. The biggest ever anti-poverty movement came together under the banner of Make Poverty History in 2005. Today, the fight against poverty continues. Take action now to pressure politicians and decision makers to help make poverty history.
- Sponsor a Child. No child should be without food, clean water, shelter, education, basic health care, the opportunity to contribute to society. For just about $1 day ($35 month) you can contribute to ensuring a child is not denied his or her rights.
- WISH for Africa. WISH for Africa provides affordable and accessible healthcare to poor communities in Africa through community-based healthcare centres.
- Canadian Cancer Society. National, community-based organization of volunteers, whose mission is the eradication of cancer and the enhancement of the quality of life of people living with cancer.
- Save Darfur. The Save Darfur Coalition was founded in 2004 when the organizational members signed a unity statement demanding peace and security for the people of Darfur.
- Save Our Environment. A collaborative effort of the nation’s most influential environmental advocacy organizations harnessing the power of the internet to increase public awareness and activism on today’s most important environmental issues.
- Kiva. Kiva’s mission is to connect people through lending for the sake of alleviating poverty. Kiva is the world’s first person-to-person micro-lending website, empowering individuals to lend directly to unique entrepreneurs in the developing world.